People who inspire

People who work or volunteer in animal rescue in any capacity are heroes in my eyes. Animal people are some of the most giving of time and money to help animals in need. This ranges from foster homes for rescues to kids who donate pennies to the local animal shelter.
There is always one in the group who gives a little more. I know someone like that. She is the first to raise her hand when something is needed for the animals. She isn't rich, in fact, she has been unemployed for the past 7 months, but her heart is as big as the Grand Canyon when it comes to helping animals.
The email I got today which had been distributed to many animal welfare groups from a vet in Riverview was to the point. A man lost his house and brought his 19 year old cat to the vet to have it euthanized. He couldn't care for it any longer. The thing is, there is nothing wrong with the cat except it is a senior. The vet ask if anyone out there could give the cat a comfortable home for as long as it has left.
This person, who would give her last dime to help animals, stepped up and volunteered to give this senior a home for as long as she needed to.
This is inspirational for me, so to her I say, "You inspire me to do better, to work harder and to know there is a home for them all." I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Comments

Popular Posts