Beauty is in the eye

I was out walking Buzz tonight and stopped to speak to my neighbor who lives across the road. Chuck is an old Florida cowboy and he commented on what a fine looking dog Buzz was and how he thought he would have made a great cow dog.
Chuck is the first person ever to tell me what a great looking dog Buzz is. You see, he is just an old Florida brown dog, of which there are thousands in the state of Florida.
It was a different story when I was walking one of my rottis. More people stopped me to tell me what a gorgeous dog Junior was from the time I adopted him. Junior was a purebred, but his personality was much like Buzz's. It doesn't hurt they both adored me, since I was Mom.
Isn't it funny because I think Buzz is as beautiful as Junior was, just in a different way. I guess the old saying is true that beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Comments

Popular Posts