Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Whoo hoo! I am excited. Oh yeah, hi, Baxter here. Whoo hoo! I am excited. Have you been outside? What fabulous weather. I am so frisky I can hardly contain myself. I was so full of energy last night and this morning, I played like a much younger dog. I love this time of year. When the heat finally goes away, it is a relief to us dogs who live in a kennel. We don't have the creature comforts like animals with a home do. I heard some dogs have air conditioning for the hot months, but we haven't reached that level yet.
So, what has been going on this week I can tell you about? Let's see. We didn't get any new dogs in, but I did hear we got a cat in who is quite angry. I didn't meet her, which is just a well. She lives in the cat house across the way. It is also kinda good we didn't get any new guests since we are bursting at the seams. No one got to go home either, which was quite disappointing for us old timers. It is quite exciting when someone leaves. I do know the cute brindle boxer mix, Elsa may go home today, but she is still here while I am writing this.
I have decided I like having my kennel close to the front. I don't miss anything at all being here. I get to see who is coming, who is going, who is visiting and who is doing laundry. Did I tell you I like soft, squeeky toys? Not those rubbery things so much, but the stuffed ones with squeekers. I think it irritates Jake who lives in the next kennel, but I don't care. I have seniority over him. It also doesn't bother Samson, who lives on the other side of me. Dru and Jilly, who live across from me could care less, so Jake is in the minority.
Just so you know, in case you were thinking about getting me a present, you know, just in case, I like soft treats. I thought I would put the word out there while we were talking. I will eat the crunchy ones, but my palate prefers the soft kind. They are easier on this old man's teeth.
I also have an elevated bed. Those are good for old dogs like me. Well, actually they are good for young dogs, too. It keeps them up off the concrete floors. I heard people can now donate Kuranda Beds through our website. I am clueless as to what a Kuranda Bed is, but I am sure if one gets donated, I will be one of the first dogs to get one. On account of my crippled leg. (It is a great selling point when I want something.)
Well, I wonder what this next week will bring? Hope we find homes for our adoptables. That way we can help some more animals. Until then when I bring you the newest developments, I remain happy and healthy.
Baxter
P.S. I forgot to leave you with another adoptable. This is Mitch. Mitch is a young boxer/pitbull mix who is on his second time at Satchel's. I guess his family fell on hard times and couldn't afford him any longer, so he came back. The first time he was rescued when he ran out in front of a car. He is young, under a year and full of energy. Like most pups, he needs some training but should make someone a wonderful pet. Check him out on the website.



Comments

Popular Posts