Letter from Dixie: Farewell

Hi all. It is with much happiness I am writing this letter to you. There is a touch of sadness here, but only because I have left the only life I have known for 6 years to a greater adventure: my own home.
I belong to someone who loves me, just me and I don't have to share him with any other animals or people. He picked me. Out of all the homeless dogs in this area, he saw my photo and wanted me. I get to go on long walks every morning and we are the best of buddies.
I am still adjusting to living in a real home. I have had some accidents in the house, but am working very hard to ask to go outside. I still want to chase squirrels and rabbits, but have a great trainer showing me how to behave myself.
I wanted to say goodbye to all my friends at Satchel's Last Resort and tell them to not give up hope. There were times when I thought no one would want me and look what happened. Despite my little quirks, my new Dad thinks I am great and he would never give me up. Sometimes, when you least expect it, dreams really do come true.
I also wanted to thank all the humans who took care of me before my new Dad came along. I give him kisses now, but I will never forget you. You believe in the forgotten dogs and we get another chance at life. I will miss each and every one of you, especially Phillip, who played with me in the yard for hours and everyone who kept the pool filled with water to splash in and the treat bucket filled with yummies.
I miss you, but I am happy. My Dad told me, "You're stuck with me now."
Love,
Dixie

Comments

Popular Posts