What the day will bring

I heard from many of my friends about the new blog. My hope is it will inspire readers to seek out shelters and rescues in their own area and contribute what they can.

Shelters and rescues are always in need of volunteers, food, kitty litter, money and adopters.

Today is a volunteer day. In 5 hours, all the dogs need to be walked and socialized, at least for a few minutes before being returned to their kennels for the night. The cats needs to be cuddled, and loved. Kennel staff where I volunteer keep everything clean, so the volunteers get the fun stuff.

I plan on spending time with Mason and Rocket, the two dogs I told you about yesterday. The trust they must maintain with humans has to be worked on again. They are wary of humans now, and have every reason to be. They went home with one who was supposed to be good to them, and they weren't. Animals have such a forgiving nature, I hope it won't take us long.

The good news of the day is Hurricane Gustave did not impact the animals in the ways Katrina did. We learned (I hope) many valuable lessons from Katrina. We must always remain vigilant in this mission of protection.

I added a link to a new rescue group in Missouri. Hank Hadley and his wife Della are fullfilling a lifelong dream with this rescue. Check out their first resident, a little tortie kitten named Uno and let them hear from you. If you are in the area, stop by and see what you can do for them.

Last but not least, check out the blog this evening when I will bring you the sad story of another shelter return. Her name is Morgan and my heart breaks every time I tell her story. Keep your eyes open, the shelter cat stories are coming.

Comments

Popular Posts