Out of state shelter visit


I had the pleasure of visiting a small shelter several days ago in the southwest corner of North Carolina.


Tucked away in the mountains in a small resort area of Cashiers/Highlands, I got to spend several hours there and met some wonderful animals and their caretakers. The animals are just as homeless as the ones I deal with on a weekly basis here, but the population there is much smaller than Sarasota, which means less people to view the adoptable animals who desperately need homes.


I simply wanted to scoop them all up and bring them home with me. Since I have been speaking of shy animals, I will stay on topic and tell you about a wonderful dog I met named Jessica.


According to what I have been told, she was found wandering in the national forest two years ago (much like our Ranger, Ocala and Forrest were) and has lived at the shelter since then. She is 3.5 years old and is a Plott hound/ boxer mix which gives her a beautiful brindle color. She is still patiently waiting for her forever home and hopefully, if someone is in this area and has a soft spot in their hearts for shy dogs, they can stop by and take a look.


The shelter is located on Highway 64 right outside of Cashiers. If you click on the title of this item it will take you to the website with directions to the facility. Their phone number is 828-743-5752 if you would like to call.


Please stop by and visit. They would love to have you and you might just find your new best friend.

Comments

Popular Posts