Finding that elusive employment

Who knew when I was laid off after 25 years due to a corporate restructuring, I would have such difficulty finding a job.

I have been in the media for over 30 years. I have a college education, am very computer savvy, write well, am a team player and am passionate about animal welfare.

My feeling now is it doesn't matter. If you cannot show on paper what you have been doing the past 30 years of your life, with monetary figures, no one wants you.

Of course, I have only been looking for a little over a month, and have only had one outright rejection, but have had several animal welfare groups not even bother responding to my resumes.

I will keep trying. I feel this is where my future lies. I guess it is just convincing the person that is hiring of the same thing.

Comments

Popular Posts