"Greatest" is a boxer


The end CBS's "Greatest American Dog" brought a few surprises end dispelled some misconceptions for me.


Just when I was sure I knew what the judges were looking for, they surprised me. I cannot say I am disappointed that Presley and Travis won, although Bill and Star were my favorites. What I can say is I thought the judges picked correctly.


We all believe our dogs are the best. Most of us have our favorite breeds, (mine tend to be Rottweilers, but I am partial to old hound dogs) and we begin picking our favorites in a show like this, only to be disappointed if our favorite doesn't win.


I think Presley is a fabulous dog. He is young, enthusiastic, energetic and looking for guidance. I think Travis was a smart owner. He watched what everyone else did. He knew his dog was young and inexperienced in the ways of training. Travis represents a lot of dog owners, in fact, probably the majority.


Presley was a typical boxer. At least from what I have seen in my dealings with them in the shelter. He is what we volunteers like to call a "wiggle butt." He tried so hard to please Travis but was such a teenager.


All in all, I was pleased with the show. I believe the neediness of Andrew is what cost the little Maltese the title, but he was impressive. When I watched the elephant charging towards him and he listened to his owner and never even seemed to bat an eye, I believed he had the title in the bag.


I was wrong and hope the next season is as fun as the first.

Comments

Popular Posts