Mutt mutterings


Hi ya'll. My name is Skunk. (they tried to change it to Spunk at the HSSC, but I am still partial to my original name. What is a skunk anyway?)

I will be coming to you each week or so with the goings on at the shelter from the dogs' point of view. I have been here for quite some time and have a pretty good relationship with the others and they may tell me things they just wouldn't say to another dog.

My play buddy's name is Shila. She is a pretty little thing. She is listed as a hound mix and had a brother here named Levi. He got adopted and she was left behind. We are kinda soul mates and tell each other our stories.

I am a black mouthed cur mix. I think maybe a little lab thrown in but the human who translates for me just calls me her Florida brown dog. I am 3 years old and came in to the shelter with no fur. Can you imagine how embarrassing that was? They said I had demodex that is from my Mom and the neglect I suffered at my last home. I didn't feel neglected but I did feel naked and itchy. It was a home and not a kennel. I guess they couldn't take care of me any more so I live here now.

My perfect home would be, hmmm, let's see: I am a rough and tumble kind of dog so a boy to play with would be good. Maybe a soft bed in his room. I wouldn't ask to sleep on his bed, but he would love me enough to smuggle me in when Mom wasn't looking.

I would like a yard to play in, too. I know, walks are nice and I like to meet new people, but just to be able to run and roll around in the grass would be heaven.

Lots of dogs found new homes last weekend. I wonder if my turn is coming soon? I heard the Roving Reporter was going to be in the shelter tomorrow. I wonder if they would let me ask him some questions about how to do this?

My girl, Shila, is a little shy so my perfect home probably wouldn't fit her. Unless you took both of us. Is that a possibility? Nah, probably not. A guy can always ask. She hides from people sometimes. She is a little scared. Not with me around though. I wouldn't let anything happen to her. (I am a softy at heart. See my toy in the picture. I just love soft toys.)

Well, that is all I can think of right now. I will be back next week with some more mutterings. Unless you fall in love with me and adopt me. It could happen. If you just can't live without me another day, please check me out here or call 955-4131 and ask about me.
thanks,
Skunk

Comments

Popular Posts