Mutt Mutterings

Mutt Mutterings is looking for a new representative for the animals.
Our friend Skunk, lost his job and a replacement is in the future. Now, before you get mad at me, I am not replacing him because of anything he did wrong, but because right now he is unavailable. I am also anxiously awaiting the return of our Frisky Feline, Quackers, who is still looking for a home.
I have been extremely busy this week with my new employment and that will continue today, when I make my way to Gainesville to meet with a group of volunteers.
This doesn't mean I expect you not to visit all the local rescues and find a new best friend. They are out there and waiting. All the puppies and kittens, dogs and cats, mice, gerbils, rabbits and every other critter under the sun.
You didn't let me down last week so my hope for today is just as many get adopted. And remember, if you don't find your new best friend, keep looking. They are out there, they need you and you are their final hope. Please opt to adopt today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Is there something wrong with Skunk? I hope he is not ill, he's such a great guy and has waited so long for his forever home!
Skunk is fine. He has a skin condition called demodex, which is a kind of mange and his skin is not clearing like it should. Because of some of these issues, we need to find him a special home so I am going to pick another special dog to feature on Mutt Mutterings until we can get some of his issues cleared up.
Anonymous said…
Do you know why Skunk is no longer on Petfinder? I thought his Demodex was clearing fine, in fact, I believe that you had posted about his skin clearing up really well when you highlighted him recently. I know a couple of people said he was being "mouthy," but I never experienced it. I hope they didn't euthanize him unnecessarily for space.

I wish to remain anonymous as I am a volunteer at the shelter and wish to keep it that way without retaliation. Thanks for understanding.
Skunk's demodex may have compromised his immune system. This means he would have to take medicine the rest of his life and right now, it may not be possible to find him a home willing to do that. As far as I know, he is fine and we are looking. Keep your fingers crossed. If anyone reading this needs to find out the particulars about Skunk, please call Karie, our volunteer coordinator, or Kerry our adoption manager.
Jean

Popular Posts