Making the right decision

I read stories all the time about boneheaded decisions made by judges. I often wonder how closely the letter of the law is followed and where common sense plays a roll.
The case this week in our area where a judge returned 4 animals to a woman who has been charged several times with animal cruelty just flabbergasts me.
Animal rights' activisits in this area have lodged complaints more than once against this woman and the last time the Manatee County Sheriff officers actually found dead and decomposing animals along with live animals who had no food or shelter on the property. Her excuse was her home was in foreclosure. What? Excuse me? And the judge gave her back 4 of those animals?
She supposedly runs an animal rescue. To do what? Rescue the animals and then abandon them with no food or water?
Sorry folks. I find something terribly wrong with this picture.

Comments

Popular Posts