Good news on several fronts

There was good news for Honor Sanctuary yesterday. Manatee County is going to provide them with a house to use for the animals which are in desperate need. It needs work, (what shelter doesn't) but I am sure everyone will join in and help them get up and running.

I also heard back from one place I submitted my resume to. I was beginning to wonder if businesses, even those to do with animal welfare, ever responded when they received resumes and cover letters. I was taught responding was good form. I guess many business principles I am used to have gone by the wayside.

I am also waiting for a picture to tell you the story of Morgan, a sweet little shelter return. Keep watching. I will get to it in the next few days.

I am slowly added links to the bottom of the blog. Because of my job situation, I am waiting to add many local links because I am not sure where I am going to end up. If I have to move, I am hoping to keep it current with the area I am living in, along with several main groups which have information valuable to all animal lovers.

Although my favorites, Bill and Star got voted off last week, I will be watching "Greatest American Dog" tonight, to see what the dogs will get into this week. Can Andrew keep up the pace?

Animals are still arriving at area shelters in record numbers. Here I am, unemployed, with 2 big dogs, and would still never consider giving them up. What are these people thinking? Please, please try and keep all your family members together, despite changes in your situation. They really would prefer to stay with you, even if it means eating peanut butter and ramen noodles.

Comments

Popular Posts