Kisses at the end of the day

Getting up at 4:30 a.m. to make sure you are ready in time to leave your house at 6:30 a.m. to make it on time to a class can always make you feel tired at the end of the day, even when you are enjoying what you are doing.
On Saturday, at our emergency rescue training with FLSARC, I observed a volunteer walking one of the most gorgeous dogs I have seen. When I aproached her to ask about the dog, the tail came up and the wiggling began. She was so striking I had to have the scoop on her and show her off to my friend.
It was the end of the day and we had just finished tearing down kennels and crates in a mock emergency. I had the volunteer take her over to my friend who was taking the class with me. In fact, she is the one who took the photos.

When I approached the dog, her name is Topaz, she showered me with kisses and a wagging tail, much like my personal dogs do when I arrive home each day.
Her coat seemed to be a double coat which was soft as down and she is available for adoption.
If you are looking for a big girl who will simply adore you and the family, please contact the Animal Welfare League in Port Charlotte. I spoke to them on Sunday and she is listed as an Akita mix who is around 2 to 3 years old and is available still for adoption.
This is their contact info: Animal Welfare League, 3519 Drance Street, Port Charlotte, FL 33980 Phone is 941-624-6720 so please give them a call or drive down. They have many wonderful animals for adoption. I will be listing a couple more during the week.


Comments

Popular Posts