Mutt Mutterings: What goes on Sunday

You know, I am beginning to think like my old pal Slimmer in that I hate Sundays. Sundays for us shelter animals are long and boring. We get to see people early, but then we are just stuck here, no people, no walks, no grass, no fun.
I am the senior of this bunch and I still miss fun. Fun is having someone brush you for hours, or romp in the backyard, or simply tell you what a good dog you are.

My last owner got sick and couldn't take care of me anymore. I am glad I am here and not dumped out somewhere, but I have been here since March and no one comes to see me. The volunteers all love me and the staff, too, and they are my family for now, but I would love my own. One I didn't have to share with anyone else. Okay, pity party's over now and I will get down to business.

My girl, Deva Raja, led the Howl-o-Ween parade downtown yesterday and I heard she was holding her head up high. She got to meet lots of people and had a really good time. Well, she's not really my girl, since we have conflicting personalities, but I am glad she got to go. She is a little younger than me, only 9, and she is, from what I hear, a nice dog. (our kennels face one another so we see each other all day long)

Two members of the 2nd Row Club got to go home yesterday: Brahma and Holly. Both went home to acreage to run in and new families. Both will be the only dogs but Holly will have a miniature horse to play with. See, there are families out there who only have one dog. How I would love to find one.

The 3rd Row lost Trooper, who was still a youngster. He even had a broken toe and someone adopted him. This means that Minnie, a little mutt who has no hair lost her play buddy. Well, she actually has hair but is being treated for demodex so now it looks like she has a Rays' mohawk running down her back. She is quite cute though, and should find a home quickly because she is young.

The 2nd Row Club lost 2 and gained 1. Darla, a little black lab mix who is 3 years old and seems okay, but I have had a chance to really scope her out yet.

Well, the morning is young and I need to go prepare myself for the opening cleaning and feeding. They have me on a diet and I tell you, it is no fun.

Wags,

Cappy

Comments

Popular Posts