The best kind of tired

So, regular readers know I lost my job a month or so ago and then found a new one. I thought it was the perfect job for me, but I was wrong. Luckily, I figured that out early and then embarked on a new hunt.
It didn't take long and I began my new job today. It is, as I had hoped, in the animal welfare field. It is also an entry level job, which means the money is little, the hours are long and the work is hard. Physically hard and after being behind a computer for most of my working life, it is a change for me.
But just in case you are thinking on how terrible it is I had to take this job, STOP, don't think that. I love it. I am tired right now, my feet hurt and I used muscles today I had forgotten about but I am not complaining.
One of the things my parents taught me was if you are going to do a job, any job, do it to the best of your ability and be proud of what you have done.
Today, I did that and will return tomorrow and do it again. It will take me a couple of weeks I am sure to work all the kinks out of these unused muscles, but the satisfaction I am feeling in doing something I am passionate about makes this the best kind of tired. I haven't felt that way in a long time.
Thanks you guys. You know who you are.

Comments

Popular Posts