Attaching human emotion to your pet

Economy, economy, economy. That seems to be the only word coming out of humans today. It is one of the main reasons given for the abandonment and relinquishment for so many animals in this area. I will say my animals are taken care of. As long as I have money to make my house payment, the rest seems to fall into place.
I did go out and buy orthopedic beds for both of them, but after Gypsy's cruciate ligament thing, and with both having arthritis, I want them to be as comfortable as possible.
According to this report I read on MSNBC, many people, even in this economy, are stopping at nothing to spend hundreds of dollars of their animals. This is what we call attaching human emotion to an animal.
The pet who lives in your home has no idea his food bowl is decorated with crystal, or his dog biscuits have cute little designs on top. We should all just admit we do it to make ourselves feel good. It has very little to do with the pet.

Comments

Popular Posts