Mutt mutterings: the new girl

So the discrimination against us females is coming to an end. My name is Princess Raja. (My original name is Princess, my second home named me Raja, so it just depends on who you talk to and I will answer to either one or both)
I have just become the new whisperer from the HSSC. It seems the last one, Rin Tin Tin went home yesterday. He found 5 kids and a mom and dad. He is so lucky. But he is a little calmer than I, and I believe that is why no one looks at me.
I left here as a cute, cute, cute 8 week old puppy named Princess and boy, was I loved. But then, circumstances changed and I was returned because they couldn't keep me anymore. I didn't do anything wrong, it was just unlucky for me. The same happened in my second home. Now I am back here.
I have been here for a while now and because I am such an active female, I haven't quite found the perfect family to go home with. So I will whisper in my friends ear about the comings and goings of the shelter, and perhaps entice someone to come look at me this way. Laying in my kennel doesn't seem to be working.
The big GSD who lived down the row from me also got to go home yesterday. She was a popular girl, too. Lots people wanted to meet her. She kept leaving and coming back, leaving and coming back and then, voila, she had a home. One family asked to see me, but never came back to adopt me. I guess I need to work on my calming technique.
Another family came in and wanted a young, happy dog. They only looked at Droopy and Lucky Boy. They decided on Droopy. He is solid black with long hair, not nearly as gorgeous as my short red hair is. There is just no accounting for some people's taste. At least there are no puppies, so we teenage dogs stand more of a chance. I am obedience-trained. Did you know that? I am also housebroken and I give hugs. Check me out here.
Well, that concludes my weekly whisperings. GIRLS ROCK! Remember that.

Licks and Hugs,
Princess Raja

Comments

Popular Posts