Mutt Mutterings: watching them come and go

Hello animal lovers,
It has been a couple of weeks since my last report and a lot has happened since then. Several of my mates here at the shelter have found good, positive new homes. I, of course, am still here and still waiting.
China, who was a pretty little thing, went home with a nice man who said she was sweet. Brahma, who is a pointer mix in the next kennel to me is getting some extra special treatment. He had heartworms. His previous owner did not make sure he was protected and now he gets extra loving from one of the vet techs. She says she is going to take him home. I wonder why she doesn't like me?
Cleopatra, who is also a senior like I am, got adopted on Tuesday. See, some people do like seniors. I also heard a rumor the two shelties, who are 12, are going home together today. Both of them together have more hair than me. So what is wrong with me?
We also have two puppies. I can hear them yapping. Once they go, it will be a little quieter, but not by much. Gracie is the reason for that. Gracie is a big, black labrador mix who is also a senior. She was pretty pitiful, let me tell you, when she came through our door. So skinny and neglected. She is filling out quite nicely now and except for a couple of minor things, is a pretty nice female. Did I tell you I like the girls? The boys I could do without, especially if they get in my face, but that is because they have no respect for my elder status.
Did I also tell you I am on a diet? Who in the world decided that? The is just no accounting for what some people will do. Did they not consider I am stuck in this kennel at least 23 hours a day? I mean, what else is there to do? At least it is a big kennel so I can turn around.
Okay, so what is the economy? What is a nursing home? I have been here since March and still have no answers.
I am going back to bed now. There aren't many people asking to meet me. Will you be the one? I am really a nice guy. I always go outside and don't chew things up. You can call 955-4131 and ask about me. They would be honored to have you do that.
Better yet, stop by my home at 2331 15th Street in Sarasota and ask for me, Cappy, on the 2nd Row Club. I will be patiently waiting. Just don't make it too long.
Wags,
Cappy

Comments

Popular Posts