Mutt Mutterings: the new guy

Okay, so I am going to do this because I was forced into it. If it helps me to get a home, so much the better. I understand there were others who were very anxious to have this spot, but my seniority and good looks won out and here I am.
My name is Cappy. I know I have been on this human contraption before, because my friend tells me everything. This time though, I am doing the talking and she is simply writing my thoughts down. I don't have thumbs, you see. I have wisdom and age, have been know to talk in dog speak, just no way to write.
I am a senior (my friend is partial to us old guys), I reside on the 2nd Row Club, Slimmer's old hangout and I am just a pretty laid-back mellow sort of dog. I am the longest resident dog here at the HSSC and I know pretty much what goes on everywhere.
Six months is a long time to not have a home and a comfortable bed. I wait patiently, but have only been looked at seriously a couple of times. They said, or I guess whisper, it is because I have chow in me. I have no idea what chow is and always thought it was food, but I guess I have some more to learn.
My old owner was very good to me and loved me but got very sick and told me I must come here. I trusted him, so I came and am still here. I am very housebroken and keep my kennel spotless. I am also trained to sit and stay and walk like a gentleman on the leash. I am not particularly fond of small dogs so I might do best as your only canine companion.
We have been pretty busy here so I know people are adopting animals. Just not looking my way as of yet. I also heard through the grapevine we are very crowded. When we are crowded I don't get as much attention. At least we have no yapping puppies though. No one would look my way if puppies were in the house.
I also loved to be brushed and need it because of my thick coat. I think I must have some yellow labrador in me because I am a pretty tall guy.
Well, that kind of sums me up pretty well. I don't have lots to report because I had no idea this was going to be my turn, but Princess Raja only lasted for one week after she became the Mutt Mutterer, so I am hoping this will change my luck around.
I would never stoop so low as to lick a person I didn't know, so I will leave you with a wag of my tail. Here's hoping to see you later.

Cappy

Comments

Popular Posts