Snoopy the Beagle/ Coonhound mix - needs a cat-less home ASAP, Polk County, FL

HELP!! I’m in a pickle and don’t know what to do. My husband picked up this dog on the highway traveling with a ridgeback puppy the same day I pulled Nicky out of Pasco. I don’t know what she is, but looks like a beagle/coon hound mix. She’s 2 and incredibly sweet and submissive with people and dogs. She’s just pure sugar. She loves belly rubs and ear scratches and ANY attention she gets. So, we had her vetted (shots, deworm & HW test – positive L) and started her slow-kill HW treatment this week.

I had a foster lined up and delivered her today. Sadly the foster has THOUSANDS of dollars in parrots and the dog immediately went into attack mode with the parrots charging their cages. Then, maybe due to being on overload, started chasing her cats. She could not stay there and ended up coming home with me. Since being back here today, she’s now stalking my cats and can’t be trusted out of the crate and/or off-leash. It’s not fair to her to live in a cage.

I don’t know what to do with her! She can’t stay here with my cats in danger and unfortunately, I’m leaving town on Saturday morning. My house-sitter can’t deal with this, so I’ll likely end up putting her in boarding for the weekend… but then what? I need to find a rescue that has no cats or birds that she can transfer to. I’ll send her with a years supply of heartguard to continue her slow-kill treatments, but am at a total loss on what to do to help her. If I bring her to the SPCA they will kill her because she’s HW+, and since I’ve NEVER taken a pet there, I don’t know if I could do that anyways.

My husband is very upset – I can handle that, except he’s now wishing he’d never saved her and that breaks my heart. I never want anyone to feel that saving a life was a mistake… least of all him. He’s very sensitive L

Do you know of any rescue that can help me? She is scheduled to be spayed next week, so she’ll be fully vetted and it won’t cost any rescue any money to take her. I just can’t keep my kitties in danger – they too are here for a safe place to live.

Can you help me?

Joan Alexander

Catnip Trails, Inc.

www.catniptrails.com

863-439-PETS

Comments

Popular Posts