Commenting on this blog concerning subjects you disagree with

I am sometimes amazed at the mean-spirited people out in cyberspace who believe they can speak and call names and someone will listen.
Last night I received a comment about my blog post about the feral cat colony in Tampa. Regular readers know most of my news is about dogs but I publish notes and articles about cats, too. I would publish more, but must depend on others to send me stuff.
In case you missed it, a lady sent an email out yesterday about a feral cat colony in Tampa. It seems she has been caring for it for several years but now with new neighbors, the cats are being poisoned, etc. and she fears for them.
Knowing feral cats are opportunistic hunters who, if fed on a regular basis do not eat or destroy wildlife, I knew I had to help this person if I could.
The comment I received from "Al" spouted vitriolic disinformation about feral cats and included name calling to the writer of the email.
Just for everyone's information, all comments are moderated by me before they ever reach publish stage. If I do not approve, they are deleted. I do not screen for differing opinions or fluff because I believe we must have discussion in order to stay in tune. I may not agree with your opinion, but believe you have a right to it. I do not call names and believe my blog is pretty kid friendly.
But take note of this, I WILL NOT PUBLISH TRASH. I will not allow anyone to call names or become a cyber bully on this platform so don't even try. If you don't like the subject matter, don't read it. If you want to be a bully, go elsewhere. If you would like to have an intelligent discussion about animals, please feel free to send in your comment. Nothing else will be tolerated.

Comments

Popular Posts