The seniors need you

Adopting a senior pet, those 7 years and older, can be the most rewarding thing you will ever do. Right now at the Humane Society of Sarasota County there are 21 senior cats and 4 senior dogs who do not need to spend the rest of their lives in a shelter situation.
As the owner of two senior dogs, the challenges are few and the rewards are great. Junior will be 11 in May and although we don't know her exact age, Gypsy is between 10 and 12. My two seniors greet me enthusiastically when I come home, even if I just went out to get the mail. They know when dinner time is, don't chew up the furniture or mess up the house and are simply happy being with me.
I cannot imagine my life without my seniors and the joy they bring. Right now, there is the sweetest little dog named appropriately, Sweetie Pie, who is 12 years old. Her owner was placed in a nursing home and Sweetie Pie couldn't go.
If you are thinking about a new pet, have a space in your home and heart for an animal who is wondering what on earth happened to her home and master, please consider a senior.
The senior animals' adoption fees at the HSSC are covered by a special fund, so all you have to cover is the tag and lots of attention and love. For information on adopting one of the neediest of shelter pets, please call 955-4131 or your local humane society.

Comments

Popular Posts