Disinformation is hard to digest

After spending the majority of my working years in the media, I have a hard time when I read a published article which has so much incorrect information in it, my blood pressure rises.
With the published statements about the choice for dog by the President-elect and his family, the Associated Press and Petside.com, I found my pressure creeping up.
I know the poll isn't scientific, but when I read a statement like, "the family likes the idea of rescuing a shelter dog, but 10-year-old Malia is allergic and most shelter dogs are, as the president-elect put it, "mutts like me."
Why doesn't the reporter or someone tell the President-elect that shelters have hundreds of purebred dogs, of the non-shedding variety, relinquished every day and euthanized every day because there are simply not enough homes for them. This isn't even including the rescues for purebred dogs.
Arrghhhh!!!!! Please someone educate the press and the President-elect. This is why so many people avoid shelters to begin with. Disinformation.
You can read the entire poll and article here.

Comments

Popular Posts