Mutt Mutterings: a happy ending

Hello all the readers of the column. I just wanted you to know that despite the fact I was just getting to know all the dogs in the kennel, and I continued to hide in the back from the many humans who were staring at me, someone came in today with two kids and I simply adored those two kids. There was a little boy and a little girl and they were so nice and kind that I had to wag my tail at them.
Mom originally kinda wanted a small dog and I didn't qualify, but she saw how much I loved those kids and guess what? I found a home. After living in a shelter over two years, someone is going to make me part of a family. They are even going to by me a big bed. (I heard them talking about it outside while I was playing.)
I then got adopted and had to squeeze in the backseat with the kids. I was not sure how we were going to do that, but we all fit and I will be back to visit in a couple of weeks.
It sure has been fun, but you guys in Sarasota rock. Otherwise, I might still be sitting in the back of my kennel.
I hope the next dog who takes over has as good a streak of luck as I did. It was fun to talk to you for a few weeks.

Lei Lei

Comments

Popular Posts