Mental health weekend

First I want to tell you, everyone should have a weekend like I just had. From the chocolate martinis to the funny stories of black racers and banana spiders, my friends and I laughed and told stories and just took a break from the every day stresses of life.
It is amazing what two days away from work and home, telephones and televisions, children and pets can do for your outlook on life.
I try and spend time in Florida's state parks as much as possible and this weekend was no exception. One of the reasons I love the state parks is, they remind me of Florida when I was a kid growing up. I love to watch the wildlife in a natural setting although we only saw a rabbit this trip. We did hear the deer munching leaves in the evening but it was dark, no streetlights you know, and actually saw some bear footprints down by the lake.
Of course, we also met 4 nice dogs romping on the beach, a black lab, a yellow lab, a bassett hound named Henry and a bassett hound pup.
Animal welfare people always notice the local dogs and cats. We can't seem to get away from it.
The only disappoinment of the weekend was having to come home. But believe me when I say, the next one will roll around 6 months from now and I will be ready to go again.

Comments

Popular Posts