My wishes for the New Year

My wishes for the new year are about animals.
I wish everyone who said they loved animals made sure their own animals were spayed and neutered and would educate those whose animals are not.
I wish every kitten and puppy born in the country this year would be loved and taken care of for the rest of their lives.
I wish everyone who owned a senior animal would keep their pet until it was time for their pet to cross the Rainbow Bridge. No more dumping seniors because they are old, or not as playful, or because you want a new puppy.
I wish our government would create enforceable laws concerning animal abuse and neglect. No more excuses for emaciated animals with embedded colors, tied to a tree and left to rot.
I wish there was regulation for breeding animals. No more backyard breeders or puppy mills.
I wish there was someone to enforce the laws we have, so animals wouldn't suffer needlessly.
I wish people would vaccinate, feed, use heartworm preventative, visit a vet. If you cannot afford to have a pet, don't get one.
I wish there was more education for the uneducated, more money to create more programs and more people to teach animal welfare.
I wish all the animals in shelters and rescues would find good and loving homes.
I wish there was no need for shelters and rescues.
Until all these come true, I wish and hope there are always concerned animals lovers to carry on the fight against cruelty and neglect, to provide homes and caring places, for these animals to stay until we can find them a home.
These are my wishes.

Comments

Popular Posts