Mutt Mutterings: back to normal

Hello readers:

Well, another week has passed and I am still here. I have become a little more comfortable here and am going to pass on some of what I have learned to you today.

I met a new volunteer. She really likes me and says I remind her of another Mutt Mutterer. His name escapes me right now, but she told me in my ear he got a really good home and I will find one, too.

A nice man and woman met me yesterday. They said they lived here and in Massachusetts and their other dog lived there and they wanted a dog to live here. They took me in that little room again and walked me outside. They went home to think about it. They probably won't be back, but I am always hopeful.

We had some dogs getting adopted in the last several days so quickly, I didn't even learn their names. I know I have a big German Shepherd living on the 2nd Row Club now and he is pretty upset with humans. I guess they wanted him to be an outside dog. He wanted to be an inside dog so kept jumping the fence. I couldn't jump a fence if I tried but I kinda like being outside and roaming around. Laying in the sun is a favorite thing of mine.

One of the sisters who came up from Ft. Myers with me is going home on Monday. That will only leave 5 out of the original 10 who came up. That is a good thing because we had all spent a lot of time in Ft. Myers and are getting a bigger chance here. We just need sometime to see what potential we all have.

I think the longest resident here now is a little Italian firecracker named Mama Mia. She lost her play buddy Diesel, who got adopted so now she gets to play with Ray Ray. Ray Ray is 90% blind but he loves playing with Mama. She can run away from him and it takes him a minute or two to find her again. They are digging a tunnel under the play yards. Or at least, trying to. She does the agility but he can't.

King, one of the special needs dogs, found a home on Friday and got to move to Tampa. I heard he was pretty excited to jump in the car.

It sure has been busy around here the last week. I hope it keeps up. There are still many of us who are searching for a forever home and we may be just the dog you are looking for. Come by and say hello.

Until next week, I will be waiting at 2331 15th Street in Sarasota, 2nd Row Club. Just ask anyone for directions. If you need more info, call Kerry at 955-4131 and she can give you the lowdown on any dog who is a guest here.

Lei Lei

Comments

Popular Posts