Mutt Mutterings: the new girl

Hi! I am pleased to meet you. My name is Misty and I am a pit bull mix. Now, before you go casting bad thoughts my way, I want you to know I am a very nice girl.
I am obedience-trained, agility-trained, potty-trained and simply adore people. I have been at the shelter a while now, and I whispered in my friend's ear that I thought it was my turn to spill the gossip about the dogs in this place.

I play hard but love to play. I had a good buddy named King, but he got adopted and they kept looking and looking for me another buddy, but no one wanted to play with me. Then I met Snickers, who is very, very shy, but she loves to play with me so now we play together every morning. I was pretty depressed let me tell you, until she came along. I wouldn't even eat I was so lonely.

You know by now the last Mutt Mutterer got adopted. I am hoping this will work for me. A nice volunteer named Ellen even brought me some bling as a good luck charm to go on my collar. I lost it the first day and thought I was doomed. But here's hoping that won't be the case.

We have had a lot of dogs find homes since the holidays. It is the same story as usual, though. The small, little itty bitty ones go first and us tough girls stay a little longer. Someone did look at me a couple of days ago, but they wanted a boy. What is so gosh darn great about boys?

Another tough girl, Scarlett found a playmate with Stihl. He is an Australian Cattle Dog but they are about the same size. I think Scarlett is in love the way she play bows to him. It is quite cute.

The sisters, Cupcake and Sweetie Pie are still here. They came all the way up from Ft. Myers and are they a riot to watch. Sweetie Pie is the devil one. She gets Cupcake into all kinds of shenanigans. I am too smart to get into trouble. I get more attention the better I am.

I have a new dog in the kennel next to me. Her name is Tally and she is 8 years old. She is a black lab mix and is so sad. She doesn't understand where her family is. She has some grey on her muzzle. Today was her first day out and I am going to whisper to her tonight about how nice they are here. Maybe it will make her feel a lot better.

Well, that is my report for now.

I am hanging in and hanging on until next time. Oh yeah, I am also a member of the 2nd Row Club. Slimmer's old row. Drop by and see me at 2331 15th Street in Sarasota or call 955-4131.
Peace Out,
Misty

Comments

Popular Posts