Mutt Mutterings: The weeks keep flying

Hi Readers,
Misty here. I am back again. This didn't turn out to be my lucky week, but we had many dogs finally find their permanent home. Of course, we also had some dogs come back to us because it simply wasn't working out. Remember Tally? I told you about her last week. She is 8 years old and I thought she was an old lady, but Sweetie Pie came in and she is even older. She is 12 years old and lived with the same family for 10 years. Can you imagine what she must be thinking? She cries every night. I keep trying to reassure her that all is well here, but they don't really know me yet, so aren't quite sure they can believe me.
The 2nd Row Club is now made up of nothing but females. Except for Wally, and he is only 6 months old so he will probably fly out the door. Krystal moved over here on Saturday from another row. They wanted to give her a different exposure. She was getting kind of bored in the kennels and I heard she was starting with some obedience training. I, of course, don't have to worry about that, since my obedience skills are at the top of the class. Of course, I can be kind of pushy sometimes and not want to listen, but I hear you.
Jake, who was the old Labrador and lived at the end of the row got adopted on Saturday and boy, was he happy. He went home with a really nice man who made a donation to Jessie's Fund. That is the fund here that was created to care for the older dogs and even the cats. Now Sweetie Pie is our oldest resident. Tally comes next at 8 years old and then Buzz, who is 7. Buzz doesn't live on our row though, but the next row over.
The 3 puppies that were available for adoption flew out the door on Saturday. That is always the way it happens when we have puppies. They go first. They are so much work I don't understand why people love them so, but I guess to each his own. I heard people were actually angry because they were all adopted so quickly. I just want to tell them to come and look at us. We matter. Ok, so we don't have puppy breath anymore and aren't all wiggly, squiggly, but we still matter.
Okay, I am off my pedestal now. I just become frustrated when we get passed over again and again.
I am going to end this for now. It is almost time for the place to open and I need to be back in the kennel before the humans arrive.
Peace Out,

Misty

Comments

Popular Posts