More money than sense

People who have lots of money are entitled to spend it any way they choose. I don't have a problem with that. I would never want anyone who didn't know me telling me how to spend my hard earned dollars.
But to spend $155,000 on a cloned dog just baffles me. With rescues and shelters struggling to keep the doors open and 5 to 8 million animals a year being killed because there are not enough homes for them or money to care for them, $155,000 to duplicate a pet is beyond my comprehension.
Most animal welfare people have a hard enough time convincing uneducated people to spay/neuter their pets to decrease the number of companion animals in this country which are being destroyed and now if you have enough money, just have one cloned.
I am appalled. I have loved and lost many dogs during my lifetime and know that Junior and Gypsy both only have a couple of years left, but they can never be replaced. What is next, let' clone grandma?

Comments

Popular Posts