Mutt Mutterings: Another goodbye

Hello readers:

This is coming to you from my new home in Sarasota. You see, a very nice young man came in yesterday and decided, because I am so gorgeous and smart, I would be the perfect new companion for him.

He wanted high energy and a dog who could be his constant companion and I was that dog. How lucky can a girl get? It happened so quickly, I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to my play buddy, Ray Ray and I hope he finds a new buddy soon. He is blind, you know, and is a rough and tumble sort of dog like I am. I am keeping my paws crossed for him.

I will also miss all the volunteers who kept me occupied while I was waiting for a new home. I hope King sees this. He was my true love, but I like all dogs in general. King moved to Tampa, you know.

I will tell you about some of our new residents before they assign the job to a new dog. Sometimes that takes a week or so, until just the right dog comes along. Champ is a new mastiff mix. He is 8 years old and he told me quietly, he is scared of everything, that he was tied up to a tree in a backyard his whole life. I felt really bad for him. I hope the young couple who was interested comes back and gives him the kind of life we all deserve for the rest of his life.

We also had Isabella come back. She was a rescue from Hurricane Ike and now is about 7 months old. She is also deaf but has the same personality she always had and wiggles around constantly. I heard she was on the radio last week, so I hope someone adopts her soon.

We have a new black lab named Camden. That is a pretty fancy name for a dog. She is very, very skinny and needs some groceries, but is a pretty happy dog as far as I can tell.

The last sister, Cupcake also know as Baby, went home on Saturday with a nice couple and she is going to get to go to work with her new Dad every single day. Imagine being able to spend all your time with your new family. How great is that?

Buzz, the Black-mouthed cur is still with us and his hair is coming back in very nicely. He is a handsome sort of guy who hasn't had the best life, but I am sure it will change for him in the next few weeks.

My final thoughts are to say thank you to the shelter. They provided me with a good home, lots of food, and lots of walks to keep me from being so sad when I lost my last family. The caring and compassion they give to each animal who comes in the door cannot be matched by any place I have ever seen. This includes all the volunteers and staff. Each and every one of them plays a part when an animal finds their forever home. So thank you and maybe I'll be seeing you down the road.

Peace Out,

Misty

Comments

Popular Posts