Getting back to "normal"

For about the last eight months, my life has been anything but normal. Just when you think everything is going along great, life has a tendency to throw up bumps, lots of bumps in the way of your normal life.
As readers of the blog know, I have been caring for my mother who was very ill. This required me to spend every weekend at her home to relieve my sister who cared for her during the week. Mom passed away peacefully in her sleep several weeks ago, so now it is back to normal. At least, normal for me.
I am going to begin working with the dogs at Satchel's Last Resort again on the weekends as much as possible, helping out all I can in the social networking area, getting back to working on my regular schedule and spending some quality time with Buzz and maybe incorporating my sweetheart back in the mix.
So today I begin. I will be spending several hours at Satchel's becoming re-acquainted with my friends. It is supposed to be a beautiful day here on the Gulf Coast with highs in the low 80's and bright sunshine. A perfect Chamber of Commerce day.
If you have been thinking about bringing a new pet into your household, please visit a local shelter or humane society and give an animal another chance at life. There are many, many cats and dogs who are simply waiting on someone to love them. You could be that special someone.

Comments

Popular Posts