Orlando, FL~7 Small Dogs~We need help~Poodle X ~Maltese X~More


All shelter notations we have are below in blue
 
Charlotte is for sure going to be PTS if no one can help me network her information to a rescue group who can deal with her special needs. 
 
We have posted to everyone we can think of, so please, share her to your contacts heavily. 
 
Below is the Updated Urgent List.
All others from prior postings have Rescue:)
 
Please HELP SHARE
All the below dogs are located at
Orange County Animal Services (OCAS)
2769 Conroy Road
Orlando, Florida
The phone number is (407)254-9140
 
Non Rescue partners who need assistance, please e-mail Mina, who is not an employee of OCAS, at MinaJohnsoninFL@aol.com
 
-OR-
 
Lori, who is a rescue partner at this shelter, at lmasters@cfl.rr.com
 
Rescue Pull Fees are $15 and include, spay/neuter, basic vaccinations, and microchip --
the shelter even gives you a bag of dog food.
 
Transport is heading out on Monday towards Bradenton, so if there are any rescues in that area interested in any of the dogs below, please let us know ASAP.  If we get holds in by Friday, we can request the dogs be processed through the clinic to make transport.
Animal ID: A236814 Room No.: WDI31
Hi, I am an approximately 5 year old white and tan female Chihuahua Sh.
I am friendly and I tested heartworm Positive.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Saturday, June 09, 2012.
 
 
She needs rescue ASAP, as her review date is Saturday 06/16/2012.
 
Comments from OCAS: Looking for a rescue to take this HW positive Chihuahua with an
umbilical hernia. Eavl shows "When I approached the cage the dog ran to the
corner and started shaking. She shows signs of cage aggression as dog
growled when I entered. She walks well on leash. Doesn't do well with
restain or pulling of the paws ears or tail. Dog is very fearful but will
warm up to you after a period of time. Showed no signs of food or animal
aggression. Wouldn't recommend dog with children.//TMB//NMM. If you can
rescue, let us know.

Animal ID: A236996 Room No.: WD57
Hi, I am an approximately 6 year old white and black female Chihuahua Sh.
I am friendly and I tested heartworm Positive.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Monday, June 11, 2012.
 
 
Came in as a stray, weighs 11.6 lbs, and HW+. Cataract in left eye.
He needs rescue ASAP as his review Date is Sunday 6/17.

Animal ID: A237032 Room No.: WD52Hi, I am an approximately 2 year 6 month old br brindle and black neutered male Chihuahua Sh-Mix.
I am friendly and I have not been tested for heartworms.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Monday, June 11, 2012.
 

Animal ID: A237041 Room No.: WD53
Hi, my name is "Jasper".
I am an approximately 1 year old white and tan male Chihuahua Sh.
I am friendly and I tested heartworm negative.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Monday, June 11, 2012.
 

Animal ID: A236243 Room No.: WDI34
Hi, I am "Charolette"
an approximately 9 year old brown and black female Yorkshire Terr-Schnauzer Min.
I am friendly and I tested Heartworm Negative
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Monday, June 04, 2012.

 
Weighs: 14 lbs

Vet notes: This is a senior dog that has limited eye sight and is a walking
pathology laboratory. The dog has a flea allergy dermatitis which has
resulted in hair loss anterior to the tail head. The condition can be
treated for several weeks to months with flea medication however; it will
require consistent and persistent flea treatments. Only after several
treatments, will the hair start to grow back in. The dog was treated for
fleas by OCAS. In addition the dog has bilateral dry eyes Rx Optimmune
ophth ointment apply 1/4" to both eyes 2 X daily for 10 days. The dog eye
sight is limited due to extensive nuclear sclerosis and the dog does not
seem to like to have the head touched as the dog attempts to bite

Animal ID: A236848 Room No.: WDI33
Hi, I am an approximately 7 year old white male Maltese-Mix.
I am friendly and I tested heartworm negative.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Saturday, June 09, 2012.

Comments from OCAS: Dog came in as a stray. Weighs 6 lbs and is HW-.
Per vet: The dog has a mature cataract in the right eye and an ulcer of the left eye cornea.  Limited sight.

 

Animal ID: A236761 Room No.: WD54
Hi, I am an approximately 8 year old brown and white male Poodle Stnd-Mix.
I am fearful and I tested heartworm Positive.
I have been at Orange County Animal Services since Friday, June 08, 2012.

http://apps.ocfl.net/dept/CEsrvcs/animal/NetPets/AnimalDetail.asp?ID=A236761&RT=T
 
Comments From OCAS: Came in as a stray. Weighs 16 lbs and HW+. // 06/12/12 EVAL: Dog
greeted me at cage and was social. Walks okay on leash. Allowed me to
muzzle, touch ears, tail, and paws without incident. Dog showed no signs of
food or dog aggression at time of eval. // Per vet: Dog has hair loss on the
dorsal rump, tail, flanks, and distal rear limbs. Skin within these areas is
pigmented and lichenified suggesting a chronic nature. Hair loss pattern is
consistent with flea allergy dermatitis.

Comments

Popular Posts