Defuniak Springs, FL: DESPERATELY NEED A FOSTER FOR GORGEOUS COLLIE CHRISTIE her time is up

Christie is an 7 year old mostly collie girl, (NOT OLD)   that has been at this shelter way too long. Her time is up. I'm trying to buy her some more time, but as they are so overcrowded and she needs to go to a special home, I just don't know. I'm trying to get more info on temperament, etc.
She will need to be in a home where she can receive tons of TLC and lots of time with her to train. Poor thing... spent most of her life on a chain.
I would take her myself but I have no way yet to be able to isolate her until she is socialized .
Please read the memo below and let me know ASAP if you can help
.
I'm sure we can get her wherever she will go.
Thanks as always....
Felicia
PS. I know the photo is bad, I'm trying to get more.
"I am writing you in hopes of a last minute miracle. I am a volunteer at the Walton County Animal Shelter in Defuniak Springs, FL.  At the shelter is an approximately 7 year old collie named Christie. She was surrendered to the shelter along with 4 other dogs in early April. Their owner was an elderly man who was put into a nursing home and had no one to take his dogs.  These dogs had spent most of their lives outside on chains, but he did the best he could to take care of them by making sure they had houses and were properly fed and had water.  Although they were not very social dogs, the man loved them dearly and it broke his heart to surrender them to the shelter.

One of the dogs, a golden retriever named Cindy, was rescued by a wonderful man in the Tampa area who is working with her socialization and she will eventually be available for adoption.  The other 2 were euthanized at the shelter because the shelter is overcrowded and needs space badly.  Despite the fact that Christie is in dire need of socialization and work with a trainer, she has not been euthanized.  The shelter's director, Lois Marlow, has a soft spot for her because she promised the old man that she would take care of her.  However, she can't keep her off the list forever.

The shelter is out of space and very overcrowded - they will be giving me a list tomorrow of the dogs who are facing euthanization within the next few days. I expect that Christie will be on the top of the list.  I don't know if you are even in a position to help with this old girl, but I at least wanted to try to make contact and see if there is someone out there who would be willing to take on the monumental task rehabilitating Christie.  Please, if you can help in any way, let me know."
Shandy Smith

postingforpets@gmail.com

Comments

Popular Posts