You will never convince me he is a changed man

Michael Vick doesn't deserve to own another dog. This is the feeling of many people in the country. On the other side, there are many who feel he paid his debt to society and when his sentence is up, he should be allowed to have one. Many people will not see what he is doing. He is simply talking right now. He knows he cannot have a dog for 1.5 years due to the court order. So if he talks about it now to get us used to the idea, when the court order expires, he is hoping no one says anything. I may be a party of one, but I will say something now and if he ever is allowed to own another dog.
First he says he wants one, then he says he wants his kids to have one and he misses having one around. Has he explained to his children why Daddy is not allowed to own a dog right now? Has he done anything to educate his kids. He says he is a changed man and was simply a product of his environment. If that is not a load of crap, I don't know what is.
Michael Vick is a football player. He does that well. He is also someone who glorified dogfighting, on top of torturing and killing or allowing this to happen on his property. All the other stuff he has done since leaving prison is just that, stuff. He can talk to youth groups, church groups, etc. and if he convinces one person not to participate in dog fighting, great. The part that bothers me is he was ordered by the court to do this. So what is he going to do, not speak? Then he would go back to jail for contempt and his football career would be down the drain again.
There is a saying that has been around for a long time. "Screw me once, shame on you. Screw me twice, shame on me."
I hope it never gets to the point where it is "shame on me" for not speaking up and telling others to speak up and keep Michael Vick in the spotlight. He doesn't deserve the wagging tail and kisses we animal lovers speak of. He made his bed. Now he must lie in it.

Comments

Popular Posts