New Year wishes

Another year is ending and with it, a year filled with memories, good and bad. There were many things to be thankful for but I am happy to begin another year filled with, hopefully, even better events to make memories.
Since this is an animal blog, I will forego mentioning what I would like to happen in the new year for me personally, except to say I expect this new year to be better, by far, than 2010 both personally and professionally. I wish the same for all my readers.
For the animals who are still residing in shelters, I wish for them all to find happy and loving homes. I wish my in box for email would begin decreasing in pleas for help.
I wish all of the animal rescue groups and humane societies would be put out of business due to lack of animals coming into a shelter who have no home. If that cannot be accomplished, I wish we could at least decrease the number so we could eliminate the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable animals.
I wish 2011 would see the elimination of puppy mills, dog fighting (or cock fighting), and animal cruelty. I wish Michael Vick would suffer a tremendous loss of ability on the football field and disappear with his tail tucked between his legs in shame.
I wish we could educate more people of heartworm disease, the benefits of spay/neuter and how easily a dog or cat can be taught to adjust to your family.
I wish we find homes for all of my special friends at Satchel's Last Resort: Brownie, Benson, Nika, Precious, Panda, Nikita, Smokey, Wilbur, Eileen, Winter, Beck, Junior, and all the ones who will come in by the time you read this.
I wish all of you the best and remember to opt to adopt your new furry friend. Remember the homeless come in every size, shape and breed imaginable and they all need homes.My best to you in 2011. Keep reading!
Jean

Comments

Popular Posts