Then there is this story

This story illustrates why leash laws are important and why people become so frustrated with them. This dog was being walked when a smaller dog ran out of his house and attacked the bigger husky mix. The small dog was killed. The owner sued and the larger dog is being held, at the owner's expense, while it is being decided what will happen.
I have owned large dogs all my life. For some reason, many people with smaller dogs believe they must not follow the same rules as large dog owners. I have had small dogs bite and attack my large dogs numerous times on walks all while their owners were screaming at them to come. I have had dogs rush my dogs and snap at me. Of course, I am always in the wrong because their dogs wouldn't hurt a fly and I have big dogs. I am lucky in no animal has ever died because of one of my dogs.
So maybe the governor will pardon this dog. It is worth a shot. I just think it is sad so many people think the laws do not apply to them or their pets.

Comments

Popular Posts