Puppies and internet scams

I always advise opt to adopt. Always. I am in no way promoting the adoption of any puppy mill puppies or pet store puppies. I don't fall for craigslist ads and I always try to tell people what to watch out for.
There is right now and apparently has been for several years, a scam going on from several African countries and Spain. The scammer wants you to send the cost of shipping the English Bulldog, Yorkie or simply insert the breed since he is a man/woman of God doing mission work who simply does not have time for his pet. He will send it at no cost or low cost but you must pay the shipping. Several people I read about had fallen for this scam so I thought I would post something just to say be careful.
I cannot give people common sense. I wish I could. The old saying "there is no free ride" also hold true about AKC registered dogs. If someone offers you, through the internet, a deal simply too good to be true, it probably is a scam. Don't fall for it.
If you want an English Bulldog, check out the rescues for an English Bulldog. If that Yorkie needs a home, chances are there is a rescue group in your area which has one. There are so many animals, purebred and otherwise who would love a good home and won't cost you thousands of dollars. Please visit your local rescue and don't fall for these scams which are running wild through the world wide web.

Comments

Popular Posts