Merry Christmas to all

So far, Buzz has had an excellent Christmas morning. He got a couple of stuffed toys and a new Nylabone. He is easily pleased.
He also has a warm bed and plenty to eat. Two short years ago, he was dumped at the Humane Society right before Christmas and looked to be a sad excuse for a dog. He has blossomed into one of the best dogs I have ever had the pleasure of having and I am grateful he was brought in to the shelter before he suffered any more than he had.
There are still many, many thousands of pets in shelters and rescues across this country. Many will never have a Christmas like Buzz. Many will not make it out of the shelter alive.
Two days ago, I had to run up to the store to get a couple of things and when I came out, there was a flyer on my truck. I have no idea who put it there and it was not on anyone else's vehicle in the parking lot, so I imagine the Petfinder stickers and dog collars on my mirror were clues to who was driving.
This flyer was something originally posted on Craigslist. I have no idea who the author is and the message is a little brutal especially for Christmas morning. It has a ring of truth to it, but most don't want to hear it.
I am posting it on the next post, so you can bypass it if you like. It will make you sad or some will cry, but as the flyer says, if one person can be changed, then one more animal can be saved.
I wish everyone a very happy holiday. Please hug your pets and visit your local shelter or rescue group and opt to adopt this holiday season.

Comments

Popular Posts