The wild critters take over

Okay, so you who know me understand I do not function well in cold weather. As long as the temps don't drop below about 60 degrees, I am fine. Lower than 60 and I am hibernating in the house. I do not live in Florida because of the cold. I live in Florida because of the heat. Every time we have a cold spell, I threaten to move even further south.
I ventured out in the back yard yesterday and was surprised to see the wild critters have had a heyday in the back.
The moles have tunnels all throughout. The wild rabbits, which live in my yard and the yard in back of me have eaten all my green stuff and the oppossums have taken up residence in my compost pile. The bushes all have birds hiding in them and the oaks are loaded with squirrels.
Due to the cold, the critters have taken over my backyard as a refuge and it is going to take me several weeks to bring things back to order. I know not to cut anything back until after Easter, just in case another cold spell comes through which means the yard is still going to look unkept.
So, as long as I can keep Buzz from hurting anything, and so far, he chases and barks but doesn't try to hurt, the animals will be able to continue to use the yard. They were, after all, here first.

Comments

Popular Posts