Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Good afternoon to all my readers. Is it cold enough for you? I like the cooler weather, but even this is a little cold for me. I have been curled up in a ball on my bed since Friday. Of course, Friday we had the deluge of rain which simply wouldn't stop. It is very hard sometimes to get up to go out and take care of business when you are not a water dog. I did it, but was cringing all the way. Yesterday was much more pleasant, cool but sunny. I took a long walk around the yard and simply smelled the fresh air.
We have been blessed this week with lots of treats and lots of visitors. I so like visitors who bring treats. Of course, I would love to find a family who would give me treats on a daily basis. With a nice, soft, warm bed. I am still searching. I know there is one out there for me, it is simply a matter of letting them know I am here.
Someone came out yesterday and looked at another resident who lives here and has for a long time. Winter had a lady come out who had a yellow lab mix named Butter. He said she was quite cute and he liked her. So after almost 7 years of living in a kennel, he will get to go to his new home on Thursday with Butter and a new mom. You see, we all believe there is a home out there for all of us. It is just finding it and having the time to find it. None of us has to worry we won't make it out of here. We can stay here as long as we need until that home is found. I like being here, but would love a family to call my own.
Maggie, our greyhound mix got to go home yesterday with her new family and she was great with them. She also found the perfect home. We also heard Tiga, who went home a couple of weeks ago, saved her family from a burglar who was trying to get into the house. She began barking and alerted her mom who called the police.
We have a new hound dog named Huckleberry. His family lost their home and he didn't like the other dogs in the place where he was at so he came here. He is a little older than some of our dogs, I think they said 4 or 5, and one of the volunteers said he reminded her of Huckleberry Hound so that is how he got his name. I also heard someone came and looked at Gator and wanted to come and meet Randy. No one has asked to meet me yet, even being famous and all, so I keep plugging away. My day will come. I simply know it.
The holidays are all over now and no one is putting antlers or Santa hats on us. That is a good thing. But holidays always mean presents. I like presents as long as they are soft treats and soft, squeaky toys.
We have had quite a bit of good news at the beginning of the new year. Let's hope we can keep going. We need you to do that so if you want to come out and meet us, volunteer, drop off donations, we appreciate it. You allow us to keep living here, no matter how long it takes.
Love,
Baxter

P.S. The dog I am featuring this week still needs some attention in training. His name is Will and he is a Cairn Terrier. He is a suspected puppy mill dog and doesn't trust a whole lot of people yet, but with someone who understood his issues and liked small, terrier type dogs, he would make a good pet. He loves to take walks, is crate trained and seems to be housebroken, you simply can't touch his neck or shoulder area. We believe someone was very mean to him when grooming him. Contact Satchel's Last Resort for more information.

Comments

Popular Posts