Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Good afternoon to all my fans. Isn't this the most gorgeous day. Yesterday was nice but today is even better. The breeze is blowing and there are all kinds of scents wafting by we can catch with our noses and I think life is pretty good right now.
I know it is for the 3 dogs who used to live here but found homes this week. They are very lucky because some of us are still hunting for a place to hang our bowls permanently. I happen to be one of those, but I am still a happy dog.
So, another busy, busy week for us at the old home front. In and out, in and out, they keep on coming. We have 3 go home but already have ones to take their places. There is a new little guy, Mr. Specs, who was found living outside an eyeglass place. I think they said he was a weiner dog mixed with a mini cocker spaniel. I am not quite sure what that is since he is small and we don't have many small guys come around, but he is black with hair like Wolly Bully's. Wooly is the cocker spaniel who plays in the yard with me. I know what that kind of hair is like.
Then we have Harley. Harley is a black lab mix who is about 8 or 9 months old. He is a nice boy and seems to like everyone. He is pretty confused right now since he had lived in his home since he was a puppy and has no idea why he is in a kennel now. He doesn't understand human problems and is pretty lonesome without his family. Maybe we can find him a playmate like Elsa. She is still here and all the boys still love her. I don't understand it. Her eyes don't even match.
Another newbie is coming on Monday. I don't know their story yet, so I will have to update you on it next week.
Brody went home. This is a good thing. He has never lived in a home before and always lived in kennels. Even when he was a puppy. I hope it all works out for him. Then, lo and behold, Randy went home. He was a pointer mix and a really nice guy. He tried to make friends with everyone, even Jake, who barked at him all the time. Huckleberry went home, too. I heard it was a really good home. He was a nice guy but didn't really like us.
We had lots of visitors on Saturday. Lots of volunteers and stuff. More volunteers mean more treats. I love treats but you know that. I just have to have enough exercise to keep my trim figure. I don't want to lose the gorgeous look I have going. Someone is going to see it, see my photo and fall in love. This is going to be my year. I can feel it in aura surrounding the kennels now. (bet you didn't know dogs knew about aura, did you?)
Gator, our little pitbull who came to us almost starved to death has a kennel now and is out of the crate. He looks so small there. He has one ear up and one ear down so can be comical when you look at him.
We also have two new Rottweilers. Did I tell you about them? Sometimes I am forgetful as to what I have told who. They tell me it is an age thing but I am not buying it. Anyway, their Mom couldn't take care of them any longer so they came here. Junior was here a few months back but now we have his sister, Princess. They live in a kennel together and are quite a handful. I think they will not go home together unless it is with someone like the Incredible Hulk. You will have to be strong to take them on.
Okay, that is my report for this week. I will be back next week with a new report. Hope your week is full of life and love and if it isn't, think about visiting us at Satchel's to find a companion to bring life and love back to your home.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. This week I am going to feature my play buddy, Wooly Bully. He is a purebred Cocker Spaniel who is black and loves treats. He is a typical dog though and if you don't know a Cocker Spaniel's personality, you might want to read up on them. He doesn't have a tail, but a nub of a tail and curly hair. He would do anything for a treat, but is middle aged like me, so doesn't require a lot of activity. Check him out here and see what you think.


Comments

Popular Posts