Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Good morning to all my fans. I'm baaaack. I am simply blue in the face talking to my writer. I cannot believe she took off for parts unknown for a few days and left me here to worry about this column. I know. I know. I am simply the brains behind this operation but how she can take off to do human things is beyond the scope of my imagination. What better things could she possibly find to do besides spend time with us?
So I will have to catch you up on two weeks worth of happenings instead of just one. I will try to condense it so you are not stuck in front of the computer for too long.
Comings and goings have been simply mind boggling. We have several new guests, and several guests found their forever home.
Browning and Diamond came in and both are scared. They came from somewhere up in north Florida from an abuse situation. We are all talking to them and trying to reassure them they will receive nothing but love and attention here, but right now they are very unsure.
We also have two rottweilers come in. Junior and Princess. Junior was here before and went home with Princess. Now they are here because their Mom couldn't take care of them any longer. They don't like us very much right now, but we will show them the ropes again. You simply can't be mean to us old-timers. After all, this is our home and some of us have lived here a long time.
Dodger is also back. I guess he is pretty sad. He left here as a puppy the beginning of last year and now is gown up. He is an American Bulldog mix, I think. Anyway, he is black and white and is very playful so even though his size has changed, his attitude has not. Play, play play.
On a happy note, my friend Winter went home. Did I tell you we used to be kennel mates? Then Mitch went home and now Brody and Randy are scheduled to go home next week. I cannot believe someone came and looked at Brody. He is so bossy, but he is a Labrador and thinks he is smarter than everyone else. I have news for him. I am glad he is going home and am simply waiting for someone to fall in love with a senior Shar Pei who has a crippled back leg. I want them to love me the way Momma Page does. I will then think my life is complete. My own home would be so wonderful. I would miss everyone here, but I would take it.
Did I mention the people? Wowie, have we had people coming in and out. I get so excited because they all read this and know I love soft treats. They also take us outside the kennels and spend time we us. I heard they were called volunteers. I just know they are humans who like animals. You simply can't beat that. So I want to offer up my thanks to the new ones I met yesterday: Sean, Carrie, Nikki, Marti plus the others who are regular like Mark. I saw Mindy pass through and heard she was moving. That makes us sad. We like Mindy.
Wasn't the weather simply atrocious last weekend. I like chilly but this cold snap we had was not a good thing. I have a nice furry coat but I am sure some of the dogs were feeling the cold. Cool means frisky. Cold means snuggling in my bed. End of discussion.
Well, I will sign off for now. You know how it is. The humans will be up and at it before I blink and I need my outside time as much as the next dog. I will catch you on the flip side next week and let you know the latest.
Love,
Baxter
P.S. I am going to feature another future adoptable this week. We call him Pookie and he is a mini doxie with long haired chihuahua thrown in. I know, I know, it is hard to imagine the combination but it is what it is. I don't have much contact with him since he lives in the room with the other small dogs, but I heard his mom died and he was sad. If he loves you, he is great but if he doesn't know you, he growls. I think he suffers from the same malady as other small dogs: it is called the Napoleon complex. I have no idea what that means, but the writer told me you would know. So here he is.
If you would like to ask about him, check out our website. The humans who do that stuff can tell you all about him.
Thanks for reading and thanks for checking. We appreciate it.

Comments

Popular Posts