Mutt Mutterings: My girl

Hi y'all. Buzz here.
The news of the week is My Girl. Lucky, lucky me. Some of my biggest fans decided I needed a play buddy now that I was off of leash walk only. They tried to pick the best girl for me and I do believe they succeeded.
She is pretty, not very big at all and tough enough to put me in my place if I become too amorous. He name, drum roll please, is Scarlett. Miss Scarlett to most and she is a proper southern lady with a hint of rebel. (That is her picture under mine)She had another buddy she came to the shelter with who was about my size. His name was Rhett but he got adopted quickly and Scarlett had to stay behind.
I was a little worried yesterday when a family took her out to meet her, but they didn't take her. I am just as glad because she just became my buddy a couple of days ago.
I do want her to find a home, but I want a home, too! Do you think we could find a person who would take us both? Wouldn't that be grand? A Florida Brown Dog and a pitbull mix would make the perfect family companions. I think they would anyway.
Not too much other gossip going on. Snickers, who has been here a while lost another play buddy when Gumbo got adopted. Then Steeler, who played with Cherry, who was the only one who put up with his shenanigans, lost her since she went home with her new family yesterday. Her new buddy is named Hank and she was pretty happy to be leaving, let me tell you.
The gorgeous girl who lived across the way in the 2nd Row Club, Marley, went home with 3 boys and she was wagging her tail and so happy. She was a black and tan coonhound and was wiggling all over the place.
Bella, who is very quiet and is also a pretty girl is going home on Monday. She didn't say too much last night but is pretty happy about the changes in her living space. She is going to love living in a home and not a yard. I haven't ever had that kind of home. I am hoping someone can see through my buzzed hair and skinny tail and take me to a real home. A home where I will be loved and cared for, not like the home I came from.
Well, that is my report for now. I really wish I could turn this over to someone else because a family wanted me, but I can stay here and write for as long as it takes. I just hope it doesn't take too long.
See ya next week on the flip side,
Buzz
P.S. You can reach me at 955-4131 or 2331 15th Street in Sarasota. Stop by and have a chat. I will be looking forward to it.

Comments

Popular Posts