Mutt Mutterings: counting the days

Hi y'all. Buzz here.
Another week has flown by and I am counting the days. You see, I came in positive for heartworms, among other things, so I was treated and have been on leash walk only for a long time. Friday is my day. I can run and play off leash on Friday and I can't wait.
My age is listed as 7 years old, which the shelter considers a senior, but I feel so good since I came here, I am just like a young pup. You should come visit me and see what I am talking about.
We got some new dogs in the kennels but they were gone so quickly I didn't even get to meet them. 6 of them were puppies, which always find homes quickly, but several of them were under a year, and they go almost as quickly.
I am still here as is Sweetie Pie, who is 12 and Champ, who is 8. Champ is really popular and already has two holds on him. Lou the beagle, is 9.
Sparkles is still here of course. I am surrounded by beagle baying all the time. I just sit calmly and quietly in my kennel and wait because I know someone will come and take me for a walk. Everyone here keeps complementing me on how nice I look. I think they can see beyond the buzz cut I have right now and know I am going to make someone a wonderful pet.
I wish I had some really juicy gossip for you, but things are rolling along the same as always. Dogs come in, dogs go out, and some of us are still here.
Our day is coming. I can just sense it. You know dogs have a great sense about them.? Yeah, I kinda figured you knew that.
Well, not much more to say. I will try and dig up some other stuff before the week is out and report back to you.
Until then, I remain your faithful Florida Brown Dog,

Buzz

Comments

Popular Posts