Restoring my faith

Sometimes, it is easier said than done to make lemonade out of lemons. After a very trying couple of months, I was feeling pretty low today. I had to make an appearance at a wake for a friend who just passed, my mother is not doing well and I expect to lose her in the next month or so, my emails are flooded with dogs and cats who need help. And so it goes on.
As I was beginning the drive back home, the rain was coming down and the skies were a dreary gray. The weather just suited my mood when the car in front of me stopped and turned his emergency blinkers on.
The guy in front of him had his emergency blinkers on and was out of his truck. Now this was driving around Lake Hollingsworth where the speed limit is only 30 miles an hour and the traffic limited early Sunday morning.
"C'mon, c'mon." I fumed to myself. I need to get home. I have things that need to be done before I go to work. "Arrrgghhhh, " I thought to myself. What is going on?
Then the first car driver got back in and took off his emergency signal. The driver in front of me did the same. That is when I noticed the big turtle the first driver must have taken out the middle of the road and placed in the yard of one of the old, stately houses which faces the lake.
It was then I realized there were still lots of good people left around and I was feeling sorry for myself.
My positive outlook is returning. Slowly, to be sure but it should be back with a day or so. Thanks kind driver. I don't know who you are but you restored my faith in humans once again.

Comments

Popular Posts