The out-of-area homeless animals

The area I live in has lots of homeless pets. You can find rabbits, dogs, horses, cats, birds and pocket pets like hamsters and guinea pigs. Most of the emails I receive and the calls are for dogs and sometimes a cat or two.
I try to post at least one animal from each email where there are multiple needy pets. If it is a rescue, I will post it on the blog.
Lots of people have asked me why I do this. Why would I post animals from the rest of the state and sometimes out of state when there are so many needy ones here?
The reason I do it is because they need the help. All of them. If they are homeless they need as many voices speaking for them as they can get.
I volunteer at a rescue/sanctuary where I know the animals are safe. Many other rescues and animal control agencies do not have that luxury. So if I know the animals I deal with are safe, why wouldn't I try to help each and every other one?
You never know when a picture of an animal you have posted will be seen by someone. They may live ten miles away but it could be one hundred. We just helped sponsor a dog from Sarasota to I believe, Oregon or Washington State or somewhere like that. You just never know when a photo is going to catch someone's heart and not let go.
So here's to posting and cross-posting. Keep those emails coming and I will keep sending them out to be spread as far and wide as possible. Because you just never know.

Comments

Popular Posts