Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Hi to all my fans. So sorry I didn't get to you last week. It seems my friend decided she needed a weekend away and I cannot type or give dictation to a human who isn't here, so I had to wait until today. Then, as klutzy as this sounds, she tripped in a hole and hurt her ankle yesterday, so she was hobbling around much like I do. She had just told me how wonderful it was to see me active and running through the grass. It was a little funny when she went down, though. I saw the whole thing from my kennel. She hit the dirt and her glasses went flying. Luckily, the tall guy who comes and helps was there. She was walking Indiana at the time, and he is a strong boy so the tall guy helped her with the strong dog.
We have a few more guest here at Satchel's. Maggie and Tiga. They are both brindle greyhound/lab mixes it looks like to me. They seem pretty nice, but Maggie is still a pup and barks because she wants to play. Not as much as Jake, but it can still be annoying. She is next to Patches. I will ask him more about her this week and let you know. Jake has been a little calmer, it seems, this week. Not quite so annoying. Maybe it is simply I am calmer and he is picking up on my quiet demeanor. Nah, probably not.
Of course, Chesney and Buckeye on the other side of me have been hounding up a storm. Nothing like hound dogs to destroy peace and quiet. Although you don't really think of kennels as being quiet places. Some of us more mature dogs would really appreciate it, but have learned to sleep through the noise. I don't know if the humans are quite as lucky.
Yep, and it is working. The treat thing, that is. I had another visitor who told me my fur was soft like velvet and she brought me even more soft treats. I am liking all these soft treats. I have to share these with the other dogs just like the last ones. Mom said and she makes the rules. Do you have a mom who makes rules like sharing?
Ceco's leg is still not good. I heard she had to have surgery again. I feel kinda sad for her. She is going to be really depressed when she has to wear one of those funny looking collars around her neck. Everyone here makes fun of her. She hates it when they make fun of her.
Elsa, the fast girl I was telling you about may be adopted today. I heard she got adopted last week and brought right back. It seems the other dog beat her up. Can you imagine being that scared of a girl? Anyway, her new roomie is named Charlie. I didn't meet him, but the ones who did said he was a nice guy. I wish all of us could be so lucky. Do you think someone out there might like a crippled Sharpei who can be a little cantankerous at times? No? Well you keep asking because I am not going anywhere until I find a great home who will love me. I might even tolerate a brother or sister, as long as they weren't overly rambunctious.
Gator, the new little dog we got in has put on some weight and is not as snappy as he was about food. Still snappy, just not as bad. My mom puts her hand in the food dish and makes him eat around her hand. She is fearless. I wouldn't put my paw in his dish.
Well, I had better close for now. Siesta time is calling. I think this week I will put one of the seniors up for adoption.
TaTa,
Baxter
P.S. Up this week is Libby. Libby is a senior girl, loves people but doesn't do well with other dogs. She was another dumped dog case which Animal Services picked up. She went to a senior rescue, but because she isn't social with other dogs, she came here to Satchel's. She would love a nice home with a fenced yard and a comfy bed to lay her head on each night. If you think you would be interested in Libby, please drop Caroline a note at comments@satchelslastresort.com. You would make Libby a happy dog. Of course, don't forget me. I could go to the right home, but it has to be the perfect one. Keep me posted.

Comments

Popular Posts