Shooting the Breeze by Baxter

Good morning, good morning, good morning. How are all my favorite readers this morning? I am good, good, good. I have to tell you, all my hard work finally paid off, in spades. (that means a lot, in case you were wondering)
Treats, I got treats. Soft ones in a big container. You see, I knew if I just asked long and hard, every week, someone would feel sorry for this old gentleman and bring me a whole container. I will tell you this: I am willing to share. Not because I want to, I can be pretty selfish, but because my Mom told me I had to. I would do anything for her. She saved me, you know. So I try hard to please her. She isn't my permanent mom, just the one I have known all these years. Well, maybe she is my permanent Mom, since I don't think I will ever find anyone to give me a real home outside of this kennel.
But, I am not a complainer. I learned a long time ago many dogs have it much worse than I do. We have a new guest, well, actually two, but let me tell you about the one who had it bad. He should weigh about 40 pounds. When he was found, he weighed 18 but it is up to 24 now, I think. He was almost starved to death. He is a little black dog and seems to like us okay as long as there are no treats around. I think he would fight the biggest dog we have for a treat. That means the volunteers must not try and hand feed him because of the snapping to grab the food. They have named him Gator. Get it? Snapped? Gator? Yeah, well I didn't understand it either so I hope you do. He gets fed like, 8 times a day. Incredible huh? I would eat soft treats 8 times a day.
Oh, I kinda got my wish for the 2nd dog. Well, not really because Jake is still next door yapping his head off all the time, but the new dog is a black lab and he did move next door on the other side. His name is Chesney. Of course, he has to share his kennel with Buckeye, the hound, but they seem happy together and play all the time. I heard they went out in the yard and ran like the wind. They are young and full of energy. I also heard he was smart but not learned. I don't know what that means either, but it has something to do with sitting. If he is that smart, he will get it. (I don't sit because of my crippled leg, but I don't let that stop me from playing and having a good time.)
Everyone here is quite worried about Ceco. She had surgery a couple of weeks ago. I told you, remember? She doesn't want to use that leg. She really needs to because I speak from experience when I say she doesn't want a stiffened up, crippled leg the rest of her life. Then last night, poor Care Bear caught his foot in the kennel and went down. It could have been serious, but Elmo started barking his head off and woke everyone up. It was a good thing cause Dad had to come and check out what was wrong. It made for a long night for everyone once we were up, so my afternoon nap is going to be a long one.
I know I told you this before, at least I think I did. Elsa, the boxer mix came back and now she is everyone's playmate. She is still a pup but she plays with all the boys. I heard someone say yesterday Harry was in love with her. He may be the next playmate she has. She is pretty fast let me tell you. Harry, Brody, Mitch, Anson, Wesley...you name the boys and they all love her.
Well, I am going to close for now. I am pretty tired after our early, early morning with Care Bear's accident.
Check out the adoptable I have this week but don't forget me. I am still here, still LOVE those soft treats and could be adopted to the right home.
Baxter
P.S. Here is the adoptable: His name is Wesley. He has really pointed ears and gets along well with others. He is timid with strangers but loves to play once he knows you. He even has a kennel mate here named Handsome. If you would like to meet Wesley, or have other questions, please drop Caroline a note at comments@satchelslastresort.com.

Comments

Popular Posts