Giving thanks when you don't feel thankful

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. I love to cook and love to be around family and friends to laugh and talk about all the things we have to be thankful for.
People always start with the big stuff. Being thankful for family always comes first. My small family lost an important member yesterday and it will be hard to stay focused today on being grateful, since she is no longer with us. But I am thankful. I am thankful I knew this wonderful woman who was a part of my family for as long as I can remember. I am thankful she had her kids and husband to help her as much as possible. I am thankful she didn't suffer and went easily to heaven to be with my other family members.
I am thankful for my son and friends who are here to support me in my times of grief. Thankful to Buzz, who always seems to understand when I am sad and lets me cry as I hug him.
I will have enough to eat today, when many in this area won't. I am employed, which help me make a mortgage payment and have power.
I am thankful for so many things and people in my life on this day of thanks. It will just be something I have to keep reminding myself of as the day progresses. Goodbye Aunt Linda. I know you are in a better place.

Comments

Popular Posts